Minstrel Spinning Wheels
The Minstrel from the Kromskis of Poland, is setting a new standard for castle style wheels. It features a wide, steady base for the double treadle operation and the wheel, which is larger than many upright wheels - 18". The wheel is easy to mount on the two support posts. The third post will mount an optional distaff. Larger than the Kromski Mazurka, The Minstrel has stronger, bolder lines and a larger base to accommodate the larger wheel diameter and the double treadles. It is a double drive wheel but comes standard with Scotch tension set-up if your prefer the single drive feel. A threading hook and extra whorl are conveniently stored up front for easy access. The Minstrel is made of European alder and birch. The design is perfect for reenactors. Very easy to assemble.
PLEASE NOTE: This item will be shipped to your home directly from the manufacturer and will arrive in approx. 1-2 weeks. If you are ordering other items they will be shipped by our standard shipping method and should arrive within our normal shipping time. Sorry no shipping to PO Box, AK, HI, U.S. Territories, Canada, or APO/FPO.
Sorry, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns on items shipped directly from the manufacturer. If you have any difficulty in understanding the instructions, assembling the wheel, or having it operate to its fullest potential, please contact Kromski's Customer Service at (229)-859-2001 for more information.
• wheel diameter - 18"
• orifice height - 33"; size - 3/8"
• bobbins; 3 included; will fit all other Kromski wheels; Kromski regular bobbins have yarn capacity that is 50% greater than many other popular wheel bobbins; a plus for any spinner
• also includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and bottle of spinning wheel oil
• Ratios: 6.5, 8.5, 12 and 16 to 1; 2 whorls included
• bearings on wheel crank; leather bearings on flyer
• weight - 13 lbs.
It is available unfinished or with a factory clear, walnut or mahogany finish that is exceptional.