Use up your stash with these five color fingerless mittens. Small amounts of each color mean you can make a couple sets of gloves from just one skein of each color. The intricate pattern may look difficult, but it's actually quite easy. The pattern comes in three sizes to fit most women's hands. The pattern uses Fair Isle crochet which creates a double thick fabric for extra warmth.
Fair Isle is a technique where two colors are used in any particular row to create pictures or designs in your project. Don't know how to do Fair Isle? Don't worry, there is an extensive photo tutorial section that will not only teach you how to create Fair Isle but also covers all of this:
- Color Changing throughout the beanie including at the round join.
- Catching the yarn to create short floats.
- How to keep your yarn untangled.
- Photo tutorial of stitches used on beanie brim.
- How to keep your seam straight on your beanie.
- How to make a magic adjustable loop.
Sizes Included: 7.5" x 6.5", 8" x 7", 8.5" circumference x 7.5" tall
Yarn Weight: Fingering
Yarn Line: Palette
Fiber Type: Wool
Needle Sizes: C/2.5mm, D/3.0mm, or E/3.5mm crochet hook depending on size being made
Downloadable patterns do not apply toward the free shipping threshold.