Idiot's Guide: Knitting Sweaters
$18.10 21% off
Stitching a sweater is a rite of passage for knitters. It means your skills are advanced enough that you can read and follow a pattern, understand the shaping and sizing involved, and have the stamina to actually finish the project. But finding sweater patterns that aren't boxy, ugly, or outdated can be a challenge, and even then, the directions are often so complicated and confusing knitters don't even want to cast on. Idiot's Guides: Knitting Sweaters is a clear and colorful guide that offers 20 chic and stylish patterns for knitting pullovers, cardigans, shrugs, and more, all featuring easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and hundreds of inspirational color photos. In it, you get:
- 20 stylish sweater patterns for various skill levels, from newer knitters to more experienced stitchers.
- Tips for understanding yarn weights, choosing the best yarn for a sweater, and calculating how much is needed.
- Easy advice on shaping and sizing for the most figure-flattering finished sweaters.
- Pointers on casting on, binding off, assembly, and finishing techniques.
- Lessons on stitching sleeves, necklines, collars, hoods, pockets, and more.
- Guidance on reading charts, understanding gauge, and avoiding common pitfalls.
- Adorable sweater patterns for babies, toddlers, and children.
- Fun and funky, sophisticated, and cozy classic sweaters for women.
- Masculine patterns for pullovers and jackets for men.
Item No. 32911